On Sunday, November 22, Space Mountain® will reopen with all new storyline elements, enhanced lighting and "darkening" effects, updated decor, fun interactive queue elements and a ride photo system to capture Guests memories on film.
Fun Facts about this classic attraction:
- Opened January 15, 1975
- The cone shaped peak is 183 feet above ground
- The attraction measures 4,508,500 Cubic feet
- When Space Mountain® officially opened, it joined the Country Bear Jamboree as the only two Disney theme park attractiosn to debut at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida.
- When fully operating, there are two sides of Space Mountain® which have almost identical ride tracks
- You must be 44" tall to ride
- Remeber that Space Mountain® is a FASTPASS® attraction.